Presentations and talks
A selection of some of my conference talks and posters.
- (pdf) 2016 Inverse-free and permuted bases methods for algebraic
Riccati equations 7th European Congress on Mathematics, Berlin (Germany).
- (pdf) 2016 Interval arithmetic methods to verify the stabilizing
solution of an algebraic Riccati equation ILAS Conference, Leuven (Belgium).
- (pdf) 2016 Componentwise accurate numerical methods for
Markov-modulated Brownian motion 9th Matrix Analytic Methods Conference, Budapest (Hungary).
- (pdf) 2015 Cyclic reduction and index reduction/shifting for a
second-order probabilistic problem VM60 conference, Berlin (Germany).
- (pdf) 2014 Multivariate time series estimation via projections and matrix equations Structured Numerical Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Kalamata (Greece).
- (pdf) 2014 Permuted graph bases for structured subspaces and pencils 4th IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimisation, Birmingham (UK).
- (pdf) 2014 Triplet representations for matrix equations in queuing theory (poster) Householder Symposium, Spa (Belgium).
- (pdf) 2014 Algorithms for matrix functions and equations Congresso GNCS, Montecatini (Italy).
Talk summarizing a joint research project — contains many individual results (not all mine) quickly sketched.
- (pdf) 2014 Probabilistic interpretations and accurate algorithms for stochastic fluid models University of Adelaide (Australia).
Talk given during a research visit.
- (pdf) 2013 Permuted Graph Bases for Solving Large and Sparse Matrix Equations (poster) MATHEON workshop “Compressed sensing and its applications”, Berlin (Germany).
- (pdf) 2013 Duality of matrix pencils, singular pencils and linearizations 2013 ILAS Meeting, Providence (USA).
- (pdf) 2013 Perturbing Palindromic Matrix Equations to Make Them Solvable FUN13 Advances in Matrix Functions and Matrix Equations, Manchester (UK).
- (pdf) 2013 Estimating Econometric Models through Matrix Equations No Free Lunch Seminar, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa (Italy).
On the same topic as the Varese one, but targeted to a different audience.
- (pdf) 2012 Model estimation through matrix equations in financial econometrics Workshop When probability meets computation, Varese (Italy).
- (pdf) 2012 A projection method for the solution of large-scale Lur’e equations 83rd GAMM conference, Darmstadt (Germany).
- (pdf) 2011 The benefits of changing identity — in Lagrangian subspaces and doubling algorithms Workshop on matrix equations and tensor techniques, Aachen (Germany).
When all you have is a hammer…
- (pdf) 2011 There is no free mean: constructing cheaper matrix geometric means (or the impossibility thereof) ILAS Conference 2011, Braunschweig (Germany).
Presenting the paper “Constructing matrix geometric means”, ELA.
- (pdf) 2011 Two numerical methods for the solution of Lur’e equations Matrix Methods in Mathematics and Applications, Moscow (Russia).
On my new control theory topics.
- (pdf) 2011 Algorithms for nonnegative quadratic vector equations 18th Householder Symposium, Lake Tahoe, CA (USA).
Lots of bunnies!
- (pdf) 2010 Algorithms for quadratic matrix equations in probability (With an eye to similarities with Control Theory) TU Berlin, Doktoranden- und Diplomanden-Seminar Numerische Mathematik.
- (pdf) 2009 Geometric means of more than two matrices SIAM Applied Linear Algebra Conference, Monterey, CA (USA); minisymposium on functions of matrices.
- (pdf) (italian) 2009 Medie, baricentri e matrici. Un problema tra il classico e il moderno.
On the same topic as the Monterey one, but for a popular science talk given for the Mathesis association, Bergamo (Italy).
- (pdf) 2008 Some implementation issues on the GKO algorithm. Structured Linear Algebra Problems: Analysis, Algorithms, and Applications, Cortona (Italy).
Based on the paper A note on the O(n)-storage implementation of the GKO algorithm, see below.
- (pdf) 2007 Exploiting displacement structure in the solution of a class of nonsymmetric algebraic Riccati equations. 2nd international conference on matrix methods and operator equations, Moscow (Russia).
Based on my master thesis work.
- PGDoubling – a MATLAB package to solve algebraic Riccati equations and solve optimal control problems using permuted graph bases.
Theses and work opportunities within my workgroup